Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dalaney turns


My sweet little baby girl turned 5 on the 3rd. I can hardly believe how fast she has grown. She has turned into quite the little diva. Dalaney is our little dancer. She can make up a dance to just about anything. We love Dalaney for her sassy personality, her contagious laugh, her constant wardrobe changes (which usually involves a dance outfit or swimsuit), her thumbsucking, her angry face(; and the sweet girl she has become. This year for Dalaney's birthday, she had a princess and pirates party. Mike's little sister, Elisa, dressed up as Cinderella for the party, and my totally awesome, life saving friend, Jamie, filled in for my brother, and was the pirate. We had a treasure hunt, took pictures with the pirate and princess, and had yummy princess shakes and pirate cookies (oreos). It ended up being a lot of fun. Mike and I always take the kids out to dinner when it is their b-day, so Dalaney chose Brick Oven. She wanted to go anywhere where they would sing to her.(: ( she definately doesn't get that from me)(: Then on Sunday, her real b-day, we put candles in the awesome cake that my sister-in-law, Kristin, made and sang to her. It ended up being a fun birthday weekend.

all of the princesses and all of the piratesDalaney and Cinderella (Elisa) ...we probably should have waited to give them their ring pops!(; Jamie and Makay (Makay could care less that his mom is a pirate)(:during the treasure hunt, Dalaney stepped in the mudd, and she totally sunk in...she was not happy. What's a birthday without a breakdown...right!?! Brick oven This is the Sharpay swimsuit and sunglasses that we gave her for her b-day can you guess what else Dalaney got for her b-day? we love you, Dalaney!!!

5 comments:

Cory and Cheri said...

She is the one of the most beautiful and cute, little girls i have EVER seen! Usually kids are either cute, or pretty and she is both! She'll be fun when the boys start calling! Good thing mike has a gun! LOL Looks like a very fun party!

Dustin and Jamie said...

We love Dalaney!! That was such a fun party, even if I was a pirate!:) I love your family picture. It describes you all perfectly.

Britt said...

I thought about her on the third. I love that She and Sawyer share that connection. She is so beautiful!

Amy said...

She is not 5!!! I remember her year (and a half) picture we took. So adorable!

Kellie said...

What a fun day. looks like she had a great party , and Jamie as a pirate is the best. Carter was sad that he had to miss it. The new family pic it is great, and I LOVED holding Spencer on Sunday. If you ever need a church sitter let me know.