Seriously, this was such a great conference!! They all are great, but for some reason, so many talks just spoke to me. I loved every bit of it. The weekend before conference, I got to go up to the conference center and attend the Relief Society women's conference. It, of course, was SO good! I love President Uchdorf's talk on the Forget Me Not Flowers. It really was exactly what I needed to hear. It was a great and fun night with my friends. For conference weekend, I had gotten an idea off of Pinterest to do conference packets. I put each of the First Presidentcy and Apostles names on a ziploc bag. When it was there turn to speak, the kids got to pull out the bag and do whatever was inside of it during their talk. Some bags had treats, some had puzzles, coloring books, trivia, word searches, etc. For the saturday session, Mike was at work, so we stayed home to watch conference. Sometimes it's just nice to hang out in your pj's to watch. So nice. We did lots of activities, and of course we painted our nails (tradition). Saturday night we headed up north for the priesthood session. Me and the kids hung out with everyone at the Smith home. The kids all played while the women did a craft (thank you Cathy). Sunday morning we had donuts and hung out with the Robbins family. After the first session of conference we went home and relaxed, and then when conference was over, we watched "17 Miracles." It was so good. Needless to say, I pretty much cried through the whole thing. I loved everything about conference weekend!
 |
| Our conference packets ready to go!(: |
 |
| Making our fun craft with my fun mom-in-law and sis-in-laws (we missed you Krista) |
 |
| Travis and Whit working on the hard puzzle |
 |
| Michael and Sarah...she had her baby two days later.(: |
One of my Favorite conference talks, was by President Boyd K. Packer. It made me want to try harder in our home to raise our children right. The world they are growing up in scares me to death, but his talk put it all in perspective for me. I loved it!
"With all that is going on in the world, with the lowering of moral standards, you young people are being raised in enemy territory.
But despite the opposition, trials, and temptations, you need not fail or fear."
1 comment:
mom that fist picture of me is discusting. Love whit
Post a Comment