Monday, June 25, 2012

Surgery


Besides having my 5 children, I have never had surgery before.  A while ago, when I started to work out with a personal trainer (my good friend Liz), I noticed that I couldn't put very much pressure on my wrist.  I didn't really worry about it, I would just do my push-ups on my knuckles.  When I started to work out with another personal trainer (my friend Melissa), it just got worse and worse.  It got to the point where even when I was driving, my arm would go dead.  Then all of the sudden, I got a huge bump on my wrist, so I decided to have it checked out.  It ended up being a huge cyst!  My hand doctor told me that it needed to come out.  It was a simple same day surgery, and everything went well, but the recover was a bugger (and still continues to be!)  I don't know if you realize how much you use your hands, but it is A LOT!  My kids were good to help out, and my bestie, Jamie came and flat ironed my hair for me one day.(:  But for the most part, I just looked like a slob for a week.  Pulling up my pants and buttoning them was torture!!  Anyway, I survived and after lots of therapy I am close to back to normal.  The day that I can do push-ups on my hands and not my knuckles will seriously be a great day!(:
I know, I know, I look gorgeous!(:  I had to document everything.

I should have taken this picture sooner, but you can still see some of the bruising.  My hand was totally bruised.

Isn't that the prettiest hand you have ever seen.  This was right after they took my bandage off.  I even had a hard time looking at it...so sorry!(:

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry! No fun! But I hope you got a nice break from dishes and such! ;)

Andrea said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Liz said...

I don't know if I am worthy of the "good friend" status anymore Karin :) ... (sniff, sniff)... I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! We need to change that!