Saturday, December 13, 2008

Vegas Baby!

Mike and I just got back from Vegas. This is our second year going to the National Rodeo Finals with Matt and Krista, and Dennis and Cathy. It's always a good little get away right before Christmas. Dennis and Cathy are kind enough to take care of our lodging and this year, Matt and Krista drove. So Mike and I would have been totally pampered, but it was our year to sleep on the couch bed (not so much fun.) Krista wanted us to take the bed, you know, because I'm huge, but we had the nice bed last year, so I didn't think it was very fair. Anyway, my sister-in-law, Lorelei stayed with our kids, and my parents helped out too. So we were able to go and have a lot of fun. Besides going to the Rodeo, we got to go and see The Blue Man's Group -totally fun! and of course we did a lot of shopping at the Cowboy Marketplace, and Cowboy Christmas. It was really hard this year not to buy a lot of stuff for Ethan, since all of this is right up his alley. We ate a lot of good food-no Wendy's or in-and-out this year.(: The night of the Blue Man's Group, we ate at a place called Aquaknox in the Venetian Hotel. It turned out to be really interesting, and really expensive. My mother-in-law wanted lobster and crab and she ended up being the only one with a lot of food on her plate.(: Mike and I shared the Salmon and a salad which both were about the size of my fist. Our total was around $60. Good times.(: Needless to say, we stopped and bought a container of Hagandaas ice cream, and ate the whole thing. The rodeo was great. We all sort of sat together this year and we bought our tickets before we left for Vegas -so I didn't have to barter with a scalper this year-thank goodness. I guess this is going to be a yearly thing, so yee haw Vegas!
The famous Lobster and Crab meal. Dennis was super excited about the bill.(:I love Krista's face in this picture. I pretty much had to force her to get in this picture with me. Mike was havin' a little fun with the Blue Man.(: Is my cowboy cute, or what!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I want to do that one year. My parents always go to bull riders only, and it sounds so fun. ...and a vaca with out the kids sounds great.

Toad said...

Yes your cowboy is cute! I'm glad you guys had fun. No fair, you have a get-a-way in December and January! Can't wait!!

ChicChat said...

Glad you had fun...now, when are we going on a trip together?

Kelly M said...

Sounds like a blast! I have always wanted to see the Blue Man Group. I'm glad you had a chance to get away with your hubby before that baby comes.