Snuggling with grandpa the night before his surgery.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Spencer's Surgery
When Spencer was born, we were told that he had hypospadius. Pretty much his little boy part needed to have some work done. We were also told that he would need to be 6 months old to have the surgery. I thought that the day would never come, but now it has come and passed. We took Spencer up to Primary Children's Hospital, where they did the surgery. He had to be put out for an hour and a half. Needless to say, I was a total wreck before the surgery. I knew that there were a lot of family and friends that were praying for Spencer and the night before the surgery, Mike and my dad gave him a blessing. During the surgery I felt calm, and at peace that everything would be fine. I am so grateful for the priesthood and so grateful for the way that it blesses me and my families lives. Spencer did great and he is recovering quickly. For a few days after the surgery he would just cry and cry. I couldn't do anything to help him. It totally broke my heart. But, he is doing much, much better now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























4 comments:
Poor kid. I'm glad it went well, but let us know if we can do anything. i hope he heals quickly!
Max had surgery when he was about 6 months, too. (clogged tear ducts) He cried for 21/2 hours after sugery. It was weird seeing him come out of the anesthesia. Not fun for Mom! It breaks your heart! Hope he is 100% very soon!
I know, that's heart wrenching when our kids are dealing with things we can't fix. I hope he keeps getting better! Good luck, and thank you for your kind words!
My cameron had to have surgery on his boy part as well. It's not very fun to have to put your baby through that. Glad all is well.
Post a Comment