Monday, May 30, 2011

My Baby's got a Broken Leg

About a week ago, we experienced our first broken bone in our family (with our kids anyway). I wasn't home. I was super busy trying to get a million things done (I was getting a massage). Anyway, my kids were jumping on the trampoline and Ethan tripped and fell on Spencer's leg. He wouldn't put any pressure on it, so I carried him around for the rest of the night (I know I'm a great mom.) Finally in the morning, when he still wouldn't put weight on it, I decided that we probably needed to get it checked out. Yup! It was broken just below his knee. Thank goodness it was a clean break, so it should only take 4 weeks in a cast to fix it.(: Spencer is a pretty determined kid, so it didn't even take him a day to start getting around. We call him "Scooter" because that is pretty much what he does. He can't walk on it yet, so we've reverted back to having a newborn that we have to carry around everywhere (a super HEAVY newborn.)



5 comments:

The Lamoreaux Family said...

Wow! You're on a posting rampage!!! I LOVE seeing all the pictures of your family though!

Andrea said...

Oh I am so sorry. Hopefully it will heal really fast. Good Luck over the next few weeks.

Hugs from mom said...

That is so sad. What a trooper! Not a fun way to start the summer.

The Holdaway Family said...

So sad! I bet he will be walking on it in no time!

EMILEE said...

"O" BUT WHAT A CUTE BABY HE IS, HOPE THAT HE IS DOING BETTER! TAKE CARE.