Ethan, Ethan, Ethan...what can I say about Ethan!? I have been known to say that Ethan is my only child that I wish would grow up super fast...and I stand by that.(: Don't get me wrong, I totally love my little cowboy, but man is he a struggle some times! As he gets older, it has been a little easier to communicate with him and work through all of his issues. So when he turned 5 last week, I was super excited to be adding a year onto his age.(: Ethan is my most challenging child, but he is also a TON of fun when he wants to be. Some things I want to remember about Ethan right now are: He totally picks out his clothes every day. I seriously have no say in this. Most days he does a pretty good job, but then he'll roll up his pants or shirt sleeves just to make it totally Ethan.(: He used to totally love cows. After he got in a 4-wheeling accident a while ago, he wants nothing to do with cows...this is something we are still working on. He LOVES to ride his bike. In fact he asks me EVERY day if we can go on a bike ride and I say "no Ethan, it's 15 degrees outside."(: He goes to the "Big preschool" and the "Little preschool." He loves both of them, but on the day that he is suppose to go to the Big preschool he wants to go to the little preschool and vice versa...everyday!(: He is terrified of dogs and makes me call mom's constantly before he will go to someone's house to play just to make sure they don't have a dog. He loves to sing. He sings in the car, in the bathroom, and throughout the house. It melts my heart when I find him singing primary songs. He loves reading the children's book of mormon each night. To make us all laugh he will randomly say "Nebekenezer." He still is a daddies boy and loves to ride in Mike's truck (as long as they are not going somewhere cow related). This year Ethan had his first friend birthday party. Of course it was cowboy themed birthday party. They shot water guns at eachother, threw snakes in Mike's boots, and dressed up like grown up cowboys for a relay. It was a ton of fun, but I'm not going to lie, I was not sad when it was over.(: All the boys left with cowboy hats and bandanas, and I think they all had a fun time.


 |
| I seriously LOVE this picture. Look at Kate's face!(: All of the boys would get on the cowboy clothes and then they had to run around a pillow. Every single boy, except for Hansen, totally fell on their face. I wish I had video taped it. It seriously was hilarious! |
 |
| Silly boys |
 |
| Ethan's BFF, McKay got to come |
On Sunday (Ethan's real birthday) he got to open presents from us and wear the birthday hat. He got to choose his favorite dinner, spaghetti, and then we had yummy cake for dessert.
Happy Birthday, my handsome cowboy!
1 comment:
He's so stinkin' cute! :) I never knew he had a fear of dogs. We should have him come over to my house and have him meet Bear a few times. Maybe he'll learn to get over it. We can hand him the shock collar controller! hahaha! I bet he won't be afraid anymore! (wink!)
Post a Comment