Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I seriously love Thanksgiving time.  I love being with family, eating yummy food, and of course Shopping!  Every year we spend the night before Thanksgiving up north at Mike's parent's house.  The adults go out to dinner and a movie and then our family sleeps over.  We love this tradition and we love being able to spend a little bit of extra time with grandma and grandpa.  On Thanksgiving day, my mom-in-law made us yummy crepes and bacon for breakfast.  After that the kids had been dying to watch "Christmas with the Kranks" with grandpa...it's tradition!(:  After that we headed down to my parents house for the huge thanksgiving feast.  We ate and ate and ate and just enjoyed being together.  We of course missed spending time with my sister, Kristi and her family, but we got to see everyone else.  After dinner and the HUGE clean-up, it was time to pull out the ads and make a plan.  I did not love how the stores opened early this year, I think WAY more people went shopping so it was even more crazy than usual, but when your with people that you love it makes it fun no matter what!(:  I made it home the next morning, took a little nap and then started to decorate for Christmas.  I love this time of year!
Spencer with his yummy crepe

Watching "Christmas with the Kranks."


Grandma great was quizing us about Thanksgiving

Spencer waiting patiently for dinner

The "Big kids" with grandma great

Grandma's famous stuffing

Ethan was SO excited about the rainbow jello!


Ad time!(:

Freezing our little behinds off waiting in line at Target

The next day we had pumpkin pie for lunch...my kids thought I was awesome!(:

3 comments:

Liz said...

Can I be adopted into your family? Pretty please???

Wendy said...

Oh, I forgot how much I love Grandmas stuffing! Glad you had a fun day!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I will take a plate of the stuffing and jello! It was fun to see you on Black Friday and I love that you guys sit around and strategize like we do!