The other day I was thinking about how I could give my kids the opportunity to feel the spirit more, so that their testimonies could be strengthened. My first thought was that we needed to let them visit the temple more often. So I decided that for family night we would have a lesson on Temples. We went to the Provo Temple and sat on the grass and had family night. We talked about what the Temples are used for, what they look like, and how we can prepare to be able to go to the temple some day. We looked at pictures of Temples from all over the world. Mike and I both told the girls about the day we were married and the feelings that we felt. I am so grateful for Temples. We are so blessed to live so close to them. After our lesson, we walked around the Temple grounds. It was so quiet and peaceful. For any of you who haven't been to the Provo Temple lately, the grounds are beautiful! We ended the night with ice cream- of course.(:
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























3 comments:
What a great family home evening idea!!! I have been wanting to do this for such a long time.
Did you happen to notice the music coming from the flower beds?
Next time you make it to the Provo Temple, listen for the music. It's amazing how much it forces you to be reverent.
What a cute little family you are. I love hearing all the great things people do. I'm so glad we live in such a great area with great neighbors!!!!
I'm sure mike said with a smile now..."I'm going to get Ice-Cream!"
We love you Mike :)
Post a Comment