Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How we Celebrated Mike's Birthday

 
As we were headed out the door to go to dinner for Mike's birthday on the 22nd, Ethan decided that he needed to tackle Spencer (this is a common accurance in our home).  In the process of tackling Spencer, he broke Spencer's leg...again.  I was pretty sure that it was broken in the same spot, so I was a little suprised that it ended up being broken right above his ankle (both bones).  This poor kid has had two broken legs, in two different spots all within the first 2 and a half years of his life.  The guys in radiology were giving us a hard time, and when we left the hospital, they were like, "see you in 6 months." (funny).  Anyway, his bones were bent a little, so they just put a temperary cast on until he could see an orthopedic surgeon on Monday (this was a tuesday).  Anyway, after we got home, the Dr. called us and told us not to panic, but that the radiologist found some growths in Spencer's bone above the knee.  Of course the first thing I did was panic!  I called the Orthopedic Surgeon first thing in the morning, because I didn't want to wait all through the holiday to find out what we needed to do.  So we headed off to the orthopedic surgeon.  They casted Spencers leg and also discovered that the growths in his bone were NOT there the last broken leg that he had.  He will be getting an MRI on the 6th to decide if the growth is cancerous or not.  Needless to say, it has been a kind of stressful, anxiety filled week at our home.  Now we just have to wait and pray for the best.

10 comments:

Jason, Elisa, Connor and Megan said...

I have been thinking about you all a lot. We love you guys! Spencer is such a cute little boy and I am grateful to be his aunt.

The Brady Bunch said...

Poor little guy :( you're in my prayers!

Melissa said...

Karin- I'm praying for him and y'all! We are here for you if you need anything!!!

Hugs from mom said...

That is so sad. I will keep praying for Spencer to be able to heal quickly and for you to be comforted during this stressful time.

ChicChat said...

I can't imagine the heavy burden you are carrying at the moment. If there is anything you need, please let me know! I would bring you dinner, but it might be cold by the time I get there. ;) But know that Spencer & your family are in our prayers and we will be fasting for him! WE LOVE YOU!

Nicole said...

oh my goodness! I am thinking and praying for you and your family.

EMILEE said...

YOU WILL BE IN OUR PRAYERS, IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FEEL FREE TO CALL ME. HANG IN THERE!!

Andrea said...

Lindsay told me what was going on. I have had you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

Melissa said...

Just also wanted to say that I've talked to our side of the fam about fasting for y'all this Sunday. If there is anything else in particular we can pray for during our fast that Spencer or all of you need at this time, please let me know! Love y'all...

Stephanie said...

Not to make light of the whole situation, but isn't it funny how the Lord works sometimes? You might have not found out about the growths if it hadn't been for Ethan! Gage was getting migraine headaches in first grade, and when we went to the doctor he told us we needed an MRI to rule out a brain tumor. I have never been so stressed and emotional in my whole life, only to find out my son has chronic sinus infections. I'll be praying you have the same sort of outcome- in the meantime- hang in there, it's going to be a really long week!