Thursday, February 2, 2012

I May or May Not be a Good Mom...

I don't know about all of you, but some days I question if I was suppose to be a mom.  I think my kids would agree, that my patience has grown VERY thin over the years.  I try, I really do, but lets be honest...Being a mom is HARD WORK!  Lately I feel like I have two different families.  I have the older girls who have definitely hit the fun teenager years, and then I have Dalaney and the boys.  Poor Dalaney falls right in the middle, and tends to be a little neglected (my bad).(:  The boys on the other hand, still spend a lot of time with sweet ol' mom.  I'm not gonna lie, I'm tired...tired of being on the ball, so occasionally I let it drop.(:  I don't always do the things that I did with the older girls.  I remember when I would never let my kids watch tv all day...um ya, and I remember when I would read to my girls every night...no comment, and I remember buying the girls bubble bath just so they could play bubble princess in the bath tub all the time, and I remember making sure they were wearing something cute every day...hair done and everything.  Well, I am trying, I really am to do better with my boys and reinforce all of these fun things that I tried so hard to do with the girls.  Again, Dalaney kind of just got skipped over, and one day she'll probably need therapy...that I will of course end up paying for.(:  The other day, I was at walmart with my boys...which of course is ALWAYS a fun experience.  We happened to be over by the lotions, and the boys noticed the "Cars" bubble bath.  They had no idea what it was, but they wanted it all the same.  I, of course was in a good mood, so I bought it for them.  We went home and started running the bath water.  They could hardly believe it!  It was so fun and so new for at least the first half hour, until the bubbles started to be thrown all over my bathroom (walls and all).  Needless to say, they have been grounded from bubble baths for this last week.(:  Another thing that I seem to have no control over is the way that my boys dress.  I seriously cannot believe how picky boys can be.  At first it was just Ethan, but Spencer has decided to join the bandwagon.  I would never let my girls go out in public in such clothes, but lets again reinforce how tired I am.(:  So more often than not, they are wearing something I would normally not approve of.  Oh well, I guess it's all a learning process, especially for the mom.(:
Experiencing their first bubble bath...this was before I started yelling at them to quit chucking the bubbles across the bathroom.(:

No comment...

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I love your blog Karin, cause you make me laugh all the time! (Thank you!)

Do you remember me posting on my blog a while back that Chase wore Livvy's leopard pants to parent teacher conferences? Not only were they girl capris but they were 4 sizes to small for him. He thought they were cool, and picking my battles, I let him. (Although I was soooo embarassed at the school!) But these things make for the best stories, dontcha think? Perfect moms are boring, and you my friend, are normal, which is a much better place to be. ;)

I just love normal moms...lol.

And just save the bubble bath for the summertime kiddie pool in your backyard. Then you can kill two birds with one stone. Clean and fun! ;)

ChicChat said...

Your kids are lucky to have you. I think you're a fantastic mom. And no wonder you're tired...you have 5 active kids that are pulling you in 5 directions. I felt this way a few months ago and I have made it a goal to be better, be the "Fun" mom I want to be. So, I play games with my kids, we take each kid out for a "kid date night" with just mom & dad. I have seen a difference in the way my kids act, just because they get my attention. I'm not perfect every day, but I have improved myself.

The Lamoreaux Family said...

I think you are an awesome person and an awesome mom! I often like to think about how proud you would be of me...because I did all my dishes in one go, or all (yep all six of them) have their hair done for church, or because I went wild and crazy and took them all out for corndogs! You're a great person and an amazing example!

The Pugmire's said...

Oh Karin, I totally relate! By the looks of your little men, you are doing a wonderful job!

Andrea said...

thanks for making me laugh. We live in the same reality. No one ever told me being a mom would be this hard.