Sunday, February 19, 2012

Kate's Science Fair 2012


Science has never been my strong point.  In fact, I still constantly dream about being in my College Science and Chemistry classes and being completely confused even on the first day.  So every year when the science fair comes around, I usually have my kids talk to my mom, who is the queen of science!  My mom helped Katelynn come up with her Science Fair project, and it was actually sort of a fun one.  She tested kids, middle aged adults and older adults to find out who has the best memories.  Well needless to say, the middle aged adults (aka me and all of you) won (we're pretty much awesome).  We went around our ward, and around my parents ward (for all the older people)(:  and showed them a tray of items for 5 seconds.  Then we covered it and asked them to tell us what they remembered.  When we are working on science fair projects, I always tell my kids to do well enough to get an A, but not well enough to win and move on (I know...mother of the year).  Anyway, Katelynn loves to push the boundries, and her science fair was no exception...She won! YAAaaaaay (said sarcastically).  So now she moves onto the district level competition.  Needless to say, her grandma is thrilled!(:  And I'm pretty proud too!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What a great idea. I think I need to start a list of ideas like this one and others I see for future projects for my kids!! Oh and guess who I ran in to today?? Vanessa!! It was so fun!