Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pageant Time...aka...Mom's never home time!


I am just a pageant girl at heart!  Was I ever in pageants growing up...HECK NO!  There is now way that I ever would have gotten up on that stage in front of all of those people!  But as an adult, I have loved being involved with everything pageant.  I have been involved with the Miss Springville/Mapleton pageant now for 8 years.  I started out being a hostess (helping a girl prepare for the pageant).  For 3 years I was the hostess chairman (over all of the hostesses).  This year I was asked to help direct the pageant.  Of course I was super excited and told them I would do it.  I seriously had NO idea how much time and work is put into a pageant....well, now I do.(:  I was busy, busy, busy, and my kids were pretty much orphans for a couple of months, but I seriously loved every minute of it.  I get to work with the most awesome women and I get to see girls transform and mature throughout the pageant. Now that the pageant is over, I am still working on getting the girls into parades, shopping for crowns, and most importantly shopping for dresses.  Love, love, love it!

Some of my amazing hostesses


Rebekah (one of the other directors) and I worked super hard on the opening tea decorations.  I think they turned out great.

Alexandria (Miss Springville/Mapleton 2011) and Danica Olsen (Miss Utah 2011) at the opening tea.

Cute Rebekah - I love that I get to work with such a great lady!(:

All the girls who ran for Miss Springville/Mapleton this year (minus Cheyenne)

Cute Abbey was crowned Miss Springville/Mapleton


Me and my favorite assistant, Tazia

Of course we had to get the hostess in the locker room picture.(:  Some of the ladies were already gone...and don't ask me what Emily was doing with a can of soup???(:

Me, Rebekah, and Heather - directors

Crown and dress shopping...such cute girls!

Me and Rebekah thought we would pretend we were awesome too!(:
 

No comments: