Monday, December 20, 2010

Thanksgiving!!!!

Ok, ok, I know that I am totally behind AGAIN! But in my defense, December is seriously just plain crazy! Anyway, I am going to get caught up before Christmas this week, so that I'll be able to post our Christmas pictures shortly after Christmas. So, back to Thanksgiving. This year it was our turn to spend Thanksgiving with the Smith Family. We stayed over Wednesday night, and then spend most of the day on Thursday with the Smith's. Thursday morning while we were getting everything ready for the meal, we watched the Thanksgiving day parade, then we watched the annual dog show (my favorite part...said sarcastically), and looked through all of the Black Friday ads. We had such a great day just being together as a family. I got an idea this year from another blog to do a Thankful book. So I took a big group shot of the Smith family, and then I had everyone write what they were thankful for this year. I know I am seriously a pain, but I am so excited to start this as a tradition and pull it out each year for everyone to see. For dessert, we headed down to Springville to be with the Robbins Family. We ate lots of yummy desserts, and of course made our plan for our ALL NIGHT shopping expedition. I thought that this year instead of listing the MAIN things that I am thankful for (family, gospel, Jesus Christ, etc.) that I would try to come up with things that I appreciate day in and day out. So here goes:
1-Nap time (it seriously was the first thing to come to mind)
2-When dinner is all cleaned up, and I can sit and relax with my family.
3-A warm home in a nice neigborhood with an amazingly awesome ward.
4-When I'm by my children and they randomly hold my hand.
5-A hard working husband who tells me he loves me often.
6-A spotless house (I appeciate this one, because it so rarely happens)
7-Great friends who are always there for me.
8-My Brothers and Sisters who are seriously my best friends.
9-Laughter
10-My parents and my in-laws who are so supportive
My mother-in-law and the girls peeling potatoes (I love having older kids!)(:
watching the dog show...seriously...it's not that entertaining...but my kids sure think it is!(:
The craziness begins.
Dalaney and Savannah. The pen behind Dalaney's head is suppose to be a feather.(:
Spencer is all about the desserts!(:
The COMPLETE Smith Family
Ethan was worn out by the time we got to my parents house.
Does this look fun or what!?
Breaking the traditional chocolate wishbone (my sister Kathy makes them.)
My mom had these funny shaped pipe cleaners that looked exactly like mustaches. I held one up, and the kids thought it was great. My mom was sure to tell me that that is exactly what all of her 4th graders did (great minds think alike!)(:
Spencer couldn't quite figure it out.(:
But Ethan did!(:
We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: