Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Family Tree

Lately, I have really felt a need to teach my kids about their ancestors. A lot of my geneology is done, and so I feel like I fall short in the family history department. My Visiting Teacher and my good friend, Emily, made a comment to me that was similar to what I just wrote. The thought came to me, I may not be able to do geneology, but I can do my part to keep records of my family and to teach my children about the amazing people who came and went before them. That is how I can do my part. So I have decided to have a wall in my basement that is the family history wall. I have all the frames up, so now all I need to do is fill them. The biggest frame on the wall is going to be our family tree. I haven't been able to find one I like, so I am going to make it myself. I will show you the final result when I get all of the pictures gathered and get it put together.

2 comments:

The Lamoreaux Family said...

what a neat idea. i can't wait to see it.

The Holdaway Family said...

I love it! I can't wait to see the final product. It does make perfect sense, my geneology is all done but I need to do my part in teaching my children about the wonderful family that came before them! Thanks for the idea!