
So as most of you know, I was not raised around animals. Most of you also know, that I married a man who has spent his whole life around animals. I'm not talking about cats and fish, I'm talking about the big ones, cows, pigs, dogs, and horses. I've never really been a country girl, but I don't ever look down on that because I probably will be someday - Picture me in wranglers - oh yeah!!!(: (never going to happen!) Anyway, this last week was the Salt Lake County fair. This has always been a big event for Mike's family, and now it is for our family. This is the second year that Whitney has shown a steer and a pig. Yeah, that's right I said a steer and a pig. (: Mike loves that she is old enough to be a part of the fair, and secretly, I think he lives for it each year. This year Whitney had a lot of cousins participate. Not all were 1st cousins, but they were all Smiths except for Jesse who is my sister's son who showed a pig this year. So in honor of the fair, I thought I would list my top five FAVORITE things about the fair.
1. I love, love, love, how dirty my kids get! Ethan even tried the dirt this year, he loved it.
2. I love all the wonderful smells that are present at the fair. Like grease, dirt, manure, pigs, cows, all mixed together. It's awesome.
3. I love the flies that seem to cling to Ethan as he sits in the stroller.
4. I love that I get to chase my kids around the whole time, because they don't want to sit and watch, they want to go to the petting zoo, or get a snow cone, or my favorite, climb in the saw dust pile.
5. Last but not least, I love to push my stroller around through all of the dirt and dust, then through the manure and the water (or something else) that is all around the animal cages.
As you can see, I totally look forward to the fair each year! I actually love that Mike loves it. I know that is cheesy, but I love watching him watch his daughter and knowing that he is so proud of her. It all went well. Whitney ended up getting 3rd for showmanship with her pig. That means that the judge liked the way she showed it. Anyway, she did a great job.

Whitney and her cousin Colton showing their pigs.
Whitney and my mom (and dad in the back)

Colton, Kamry, and Whitney

Jesse, Colton, and Whitney

Isn't this a good picture of Mike and Whitney!

Ethan sampling the dirt.

Ethan showing me the dirt.


Whitney showing her steer.

Are they twins or what!! Can you tell which one is Mike?

The lovely sawdust pile.


Whitney showing off her new belt buckle

Whitney and her posse: Cooper, Mckay, and Colton
7 comments:
Please tell Whitney that I think her belt buckle ROCKS! Seriously, darling pics!
She seriously is the cutest! What an accomplished little woman!
Congrats to Whitney!! I love your 5 things you love. I can really tell how sincere you are!! I love it. Those are some great pictures. Mike looks so proud in the one with he and Whit. Super fun.
LOVE the pictures!! You are right we love the fair! Although I am going to have to agree that it is hard when Connor would not sit still and he loved throwing the dirt everywhere. Can't wait for next year!
I love the picture of Mike and Whitney! So cute!
That was such a cute post! I love how Whitney hooks her thumbs on her belt buckle when she poses. HA! :) So cute that your hubby loves it so much too-I know what you mean by loving that they love it. So fun!
If you could look as cute as Whitney in those jeans, boots, and belt buckle I say go for it!
Post a Comment