We started off on Saturday afternoon and drove to Vegas. We were all kind of crammed into the car, and I really think that I pretty much packed the whole house for our trip (Seriously, when you have 5 kids and you're going for a week...that's a lot of stuff). Anyway, as we made our way to Vegas, it just kept getting hotter and hotter. We finally made it to Vegas and were able to spend some time with Dave and Lindsay, and Kathy and her family. We all left early Sunday morning and headed to California.
Since it was a Sunday, we decided that it would be a perfect day to go to the beach. We headed to the Newport beach and found a nice little spot (the beach was PACKED)! My kids were in heaven! Even Spencer loved the water! I told Ethan to write his name in the sand, and he totally started to write it. He can't do the whole thing (ok, he could only do the "E") But I was pretty impressed! Needless to say, we ended up taking a ton of sand with us back to the hotel (and stinky shells...that were later disposed of)!


Our second day, we spent in California Adventure Park. It really was wierd to walk down the streets, and be the only people on the street. I really should have taken a picture, because it was crazy. Anyway, we walked in, and Mickey Mouse was just standing there. No line, no crowd running to him, we just walked right up to him. Then we ran into Jesse from Toy Story, same thing, we just went right up to her. Ethan of course was in Heaven when we finally saw Woody and Lightening McQueen. We, of course, spent some time in the Animation Studios which is always fun, and we even went to the Animation Academy which was totally fun and adictive (we went a few more times after that). We also watched the Pixar Parade which was totally fun! I highly recommend it to everyone. We ended the night with the World of Color show which was totally amazing!
and yes, that is a picture of our kids totally dancing in the middle of the street. Ya gotta love Disneyland! Oh, and the picture of Ethan is his reaction to when he saw Buzz Lightyear in the Parade.(:
Day 3 started off Big! I don't know about you guys, but the humidity does my hair in. Let's just say, that I always look ugly in Disneyland, because my hair is out of control. Anyway, I'm glad we got a picture of it so I can always remember how great I looked!?! Anyway, on day 3 we spent time in Disneyland and CA Park. My sister and her family left in the morning, so the rest of us ventured over to the parks. We ate icecream at our favorite spot, rode splash mountain at least 3 times (of course I had to wear a ponch...I hate being wet), and explored CA Park a little more.
By day 4, it was just us and Dave and Lindsay that were left. Dave and Lindsay and little baby London, hung out with us for the morning, and then they headed home too. Our first stop was Playhouse Disney. Of course the girls thought that was lame, so they headed off to the big rides with uncle Dave. I thought Ethan would love playhouse Disney, but he really could have cared less. At least now I know.(: We spent more time at the Animation Studios (seriously addictive), and I think I went on Monsters Inc. 10 times with Ethan (Not my favorite ride)!(: When we were in the Animation Studio, Mickey, Woody, and Cinderella just came walking in. I think it might be the only time Ethan didn't run to Woody, because he wanted to check Cinderella out. He was all giggly, it was funny.
After everyone left and it was just our family, we went on all our favorite rides again, and then we took Ethan to a Build your Ride place. It was really fun. He got to pick out a shell to a car, tires, rims, etc. and then he put it together. They girls all whined that they didn't get to build a car, so we let them build one for Spencer. It was pricey, but it was fun, and look at that smile on his face...and Mike's!(: We got coldstone on the way back to the hotel, and Spencer couldn't get enough of it.(: The next morning we loaded up the car and sadly made our way back home to the real world.): It was a super fun trip with lots of good memories made.
























6 comments:
What an awesome trip! When we decided to go to Disneyland you will have to give us tips!
So Jealous. Looks like a lot of fun I like your collages.
Looks like such a wonderful trip!!! I had the same hair issues while we were there but our weather was pretty chilly and rainy. I am not sure which is worse!!!
Every time I see pics of D-land I want to be there. Looks like it was a perfect vacation. Disneyland never gets old. And you look beautiful by the way!
I can't wait until we can go again! Your kids look so cute and excited to be there!
I'm glad you take lots of pics so we can see all about your trip. I especially love the beach ones! :)
I have just two words for this post:
SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!
I have been aching to go again in September!! Can I just say again, So Jealous!!
Post a Comment