Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Kate's 11th Birthday

Usually, it always seems like I start out my children's birthday posts by saying how I can't believe how old they are. Katelynn is different, I feel like she should be 12 already. She just seems so grown up to me. This year for Kate's party, she wanted to take some friends bowling. Let's just say that 11 year olds are a little crazy!(: I had fun watching them bowl FOREVER!(: After they finally finished bowling, we headed to our house for a late night. Of course they ended up playing the candy bar game a couple of times (it's Kate's favorite game) and totally loading up on sugar...because you know that 11 year olds need more sugar!!(: It was a fun day and I was totally glad when it was over.(: She also got to have her really good friend Sophie sleep over (which is not usually allowed), so she loved it.
Katelynn is such a fun part of our family. Her favorite phrase is, "just a sec." (we hear it all day long). Kate is addicted to e-mail and face timing on her new ipod touch that she got for her birthday (she paid for over half of it). She loves listening to music and she still will play the same songs over and over and over.(: She is our gymnist, and she is good. She loves to be independent. She does her own hair, usually makes lunch for everyone, and is great at doing the dishes. She is very much OCD when it comes to keeping her legs shaved, keeping her braces clean, and being on time to EVERYTHING. We love you Katie Dog! Happy Birthday!



Having her favorite birthday breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes.



Eating out at Ruby River Steakhouse with mom and dad.



The Bowling Gang


and of course, the candy bar game.(:

4 comments:

Amy said...

Before I read your post and just saw her picture, I said outloud, "She can't be that old!" I love how beautiful all of your girls are. We are hoping to come to Utah at the end of the summer so we are DEFINITELY getting together this time!

The Pugmire's said...

Happy birthday Kate! I have a hard time thinking I am old enough to have an 11 year old at my house, but I understand the thinking that they should be a bit older too...

The Holdaway Family said...

What a fantastic way to celebrate 11 years! She sounds like a wonderful daughter!

Melissa said...

What a cute girl!