
Our 24th of July was of course, busy, but also a lot of fun! The girls ended up having a slumber party at Aunt Camille's house, so Mike and I decided to brave the carnival with the boys. After seeing the price of tickets (for all of the crappy rides), we talked the boys into going to McDonalds for ice cream and to play on the play land toys (we are so cheap). Anyways we did blow $10 on cheap stuffed animals before we left the carnival.

The expensive "awesome" toys that they won!(: Just turn your heads sideways!(:

On the 23rd, we had some of the Smith family come for dinner and fireworks. Dennis and Cathy and Matt and Camille and their family were able to come. Of course we always have fun when we're together. After dinner, Dennis thought he would be funny and dump water down Whitney's back. Camille was trying to help Whit out, so she grabbed a cup and threw the contents at Dennis. We all had a good time laughing when she realized it was sprite. Dennis was a little sticky!(:

This is proof that it is super hard to get a good picture of Dennis and Cathy together!! They make it fun anyway!(:

Spencer ran inside whenever he heard fireworks!

Lighting our "little poopie" fireworks

Of course, Spencer and Kennyston had to run into the house because we were lighting fireworks.

showing our "little poopie."(:

Matt

See how terrified Spencer was.(; Hopefully he'll be better next year.

Camille and Kenny

I had this "great" idea for a picture. I thought it would be so cute if we kissed while holding a sparkler. Cute right!?! Anyway the guys thought I was lame, but they played along anyway. Mike was totally making me laugh!

Matt making fun!(:

Our candy stach for the fireworks.

On Monday we had the annual Fiesta Day's Parade. Of course I have always loved the parade, and I was really excited that this would be the first year that Whitney wouldn't be in it...and then I found out that Dalaney was going to be in it. She was in it with her Dance friends. She was super excited to be able to ride on a trailer with Halle and Maddie. Such the Divas!!

My mom rode with the SF class of 71. I love this picture of her taking a picture of us.(:

Typical Spencer face.

Spencer and Ethan were really into the parade!(:

The Dean C. and Belle Smith family (who showed up). We always can count on Andrea and Natalie to come and watch the parade with us. Mike and Sarah came too.

Me and my sweetie! Try not to be too amazed at how toned my arms are. Just kidding!! (Thanks Liz)

Dalaney doing her dance (she is right in the middle)

Dalaney waving at us
After the parade, Natalie and her husband Kendell hosted us in Elk Ridge at the pool. My kids are all dare devils and loved every minute of it.
4 comments:
Loved this day! again...it was so fun to see you and your cute fam!
you always have the best pics! ;)
(love the one of spencer at the parade!)
Where to start? I LOVED these pictures! I giggled through this whole post. Your family is so fun!
And if I looked that good diving, I would totally post pictures of myself!
oh man Karin! this post left me feeling exhausted too, but made me want to come join your family for next year's festivities!! you are so FUN!! your hubby is the best sport to do that "sparkler" picture with you! ha ha! totally fab idea by the way! :) and your arms...? absolutely killer!
Post a Comment