So, if you know me at all, then you know that the week of the Salt Lake County Fair, could very possibly be my least favorite week of the year. Well, this year, I decided that I was going to make the best of it and try...really, really hard...to have a good attitude. So for this post, I decided to list my top ten favorite things about the fair (ok, favorite is a stretch, but just humor me).
#10-My girls get to wear super cute cowgirl clothes...big belt buckles included!
#10-My girls get to wear super cute cowgirl clothes...big belt buckles included!
It wasn't the best year for our girls this year. They both took 4th in fitting and showing, but neither of them got belt buckles. (I can't believe that I'm sad about that.(: )
#9-My kids get lots of exercise!
#8-It's a great week for Father/Daughter bonding
#7-Ethan is TOTALLY in his element...therefore, he is happy.
#6-Spencer was able to get lots of extra minerals in his diet during the week.
If you look close enough, you can see that Spencer's hand is covered in dirt (and not just regular dirt!!!) I seriously had to just look away.(:
#6-Spencer was able to get lots of extra minerals in his diet during the week.
#5-Pedicures!!!
Krista and I decided that we deserved to get a little pampering the week of the fair. So we went and got a pedicure...and then walked around in what ever you walk around in at the fair.(:
Krista and I decided that we deserved to get a little pampering the week of the fair. So we went and got a pedicure...and then walked around in what ever you walk around in at the fair.(:
#4-Content kids
I learned from Emily, to bring lots of tractors and animals for the kids to play with. Ethan helped me load up a huge bag full of stuff, and seriously the first night, him and all of the other kids sat contently and just played with the toys...so nice!
#3-Lots of family bonding time.
I seem to always get lots of pictures of all of the kids showing their animals, but I forget to take pictures of all of the family sitting and watching the kids show their animals. A lot of the Smith family (and extended family) are all there together. Next year I will for sure get a good shot of everyone.(:
#2-Friends
I convinced my good friends Karla and Jamie to bring their kids and come to the fair this year. I just wanted them to see the kind of FUN that I experience each year.(: It was fun to have them there. We all bought yummy funnel cakes but decided to pass on the fried snickers.(:
I learned from Emily, to bring lots of tractors and animals for the kids to play with. Ethan helped me load up a huge bag full of stuff, and seriously the first night, him and all of the other kids sat contently and just played with the toys...so nice!
#3-Lots of family bonding time.
I seem to always get lots of pictures of all of the kids showing their animals, but I forget to take pictures of all of the family sitting and watching the kids show their animals. A lot of the Smith family (and extended family) are all there together. Next year I will for sure get a good shot of everyone.(:
#2-Friends
#1-The number one favorite thing about the fair is....Lots of fun cousin time!
My kids get to spend the whole week with their cousins. They LOVE it! And I love that they are creating memories with their cousins that they will always remember!
Tricia...you KNOW you want this purse!!!!(: I may just have to get one for the fair next year!(:
and just for a bonus....I always am inspired at the fair by other peoples sense of style...
Tricia...you KNOW you want this purse!!!!(: I may just have to get one for the fair next year!(:So as you can see, we survived another fun year at the fair...barely!(:

























3 comments:
I'd say you had a great out look on the fair this year. I guess as long as our kids are happy...I'm happy.
What a fun time! Hopefully next year your girls can get some belt buckles ;)
AAAHHH!!! Karin, Id be more than happy to TAG along next year!!
Post a Comment