Monday, August 1, 2011

Family, Fun, Fireworks, and Freedom-July 4th 2011

I hope you all had a crazy, fun July like I did. I am finally getting around to posting all of our July holidays, but for most of you, this shouldn't be a big suprize. I am constantly one (or two) steps behind.(: We had a great fun filled 4th. We started out having breakfast with the Smith family. I hope we make this a tradition, because it really was fun to be with everyone. The morning started out great, we were on time and everything, until we realized we had forgot the lifejackets (for the Lake later) and Dalaney's patriotic hair bow that she had been waiting to wear. Mike was so "excited" (we'll just go with that word), to turn around and go all the way home. We finally got to S. Jordan to enjoy breakfast with the Smith's. After breakfast, we headed to Travus and Kathy's house to spend the day relaxing, eating, and of course boating. The lake was a blast, of course, and I don't know what it was, but it was kind of really fun to watch Whit and Jess get thrown around on the tube on the back of the boat. There is something really funny about seeing your teenager totally screaming. We seriously just sat back in the boat and laughed. Anyway, we all had so much fun, but Spencer was in heaven. He is my little water baby! He would not get out of the lake. After the Lake we had a great, yummy dinner. We were getting the bbq-er ready to cook the meat, and it totally was flammin'! Kathy and Jason threw water on it, tryed to get it to go out, and panicked, and I just sat back and took pictures of it all (Kathy was not happy about that).(: After all of that, our dinner ended up being totally yummy and of course the firework show was a hit. Everyone but Spencer loved it!(: I'm so grateful for such a fun holiday! And so grateful for this beautiful country that we live in!


























Our Host and Hostess...Travus and Kathy




Happy 4th!

3 comments:

ChicChat said...

Ah, so fun! Great memories for your kids.

Andrea said...

So cute! I love your family Karen! It was a lot of fun to see and talk to you on the 24th. Ethan is now my best bud! Such a cute kid!!

Amberlyn said...

Karin, didn't you know that wrinkles are HOT!!! I think you are beautiful. It's so fun to see you around town.